Female swordtail acting weird.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pictuslover23

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright so I bought a trio of swordtails last week to add to my 25 gallon. The tank has been established for almost 2 years and the water parameters are all in check. Well the past couple of days I noticed that one of my female swordtails has started hanging around one spot of the tank and has clamped her fins. I figured it could possibly be ich so I raised the temp to 85 added salt and added an airstone. This has always worked for my in the past. Now I noticed about ten mins ago she's started twitching and darting around the tank. My other female has started to head butt her and chase her around the tank. I'm not really sure what to do. I haven't seen this behavior before. Please help!

pictuslover23 said:
Alright so I bought a trio of swordtails last week to add to my 25 gallon. The tank has been established for almost 2 years and the water parameters are all in check. Well the past couple of days I noticed that one of my female swordtails has started hanging around one spot of the tank and has clamped her fins. I figured it could possibly be ich so I raised the temp to 85 added salt and added an airstone. This has always worked for my in the past. Now I noticed about ten mins ago she's started twitching and darting around the tank. My other female has started to head butt her and chase her around the tank. I'm not really sure what to do. I haven't seen this behavior before. Please help!

How is your swordtail? I haven't seen this before either. I hope all is well

Well lo and behold it turned out to be ich. I slept over at my friends house last night, got home today and all of my fish were COVERED. I started treatment right away and now I'm hoping for the best. I feel like a failure at keeping fish right now. -.-

Well lo and behold it turned out to be ich. I slept over at my friends house last night, got home today and all of my fish were COVERED. I started treatment right away and now I'm hoping for the best. I feel like a failure at keeping fish right now. -.-
Don't feel like a failure. It happens. You are doing the proper treatment for ich, so all will hopefully be well soon. If it developed the ich so fast, it probably came to you carrying it.

Back
Top Bottom