Female veiltail betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Giant Danio

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this a female veiltail Betta?
Sorry for the horrible picture quality the picture was taken with my iPod touch :)

Attachments

• image-2472825181.jpg
    image-2472825181.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 133
Giant Danio said:
Is this a female veiltail Betta?
Sorry for the horrible picture quality the picture was taken with my iPod touch :)

Not sure if it is a veiltail. Hmm it looks like a plakat. And to confirm if it is a female or male. Make it flare and if u can see vertical membrane (gills?) then it's a male. U get what I mean?

It kinda looks like it is flaring, but that may be a separation in the flower petals behind it...I'd have to agree it looks like a male plakat to me, but I have never seen such a dark rich color in one... :) very pretty

She looked like a female but wasn't sure what type and the male veiltails were beside her/him and cost 4.00$ and he/she cost 2.80$ and the pet store only had crowntails and veiltails and the girl at my LFS said it was a female veiltail.

Looks like a female VT. You can easily sex bettas by checking for the white ovipositor tube on their underside.

Also - clearly not a humane home for a living being.

It is temporary for a week or two until I get my 5 gallon up and running

Back
Top Bottom