Few flaws in our Aquarium?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

waterlilly

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay we bought a 15 gallon Aquarium brand new and then we got a 42.27 gallon (160 liter) Aquarium from a guy at my husbands work well it is a year old and there are a few flaws here are some pictures of the flaws. My questions is do you think it is safe enough to use it with these flaws or should we just buy a new one??? Thanks in advance for any input you can give us.

waterlilly

Attachments

• flaw_1.jpg
    flaw_1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 79
  • flaw_1.jpg
    flaw_1.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 169
  • flaw_2.jpg
    flaw_2.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 100
Hallo!
The pictures are not very clear as to how bad the flaws are. Are these scratches on the glass or small cracks? And where on the tank are they located? If you could take pictures from a bit further maybe and from both sides it would be more clear OR you can describe them, that would work fine as well.

(Is that a Juwel aquarium? I have one :wink: )

Tschüss

Welcome to AquariumAdvice!!!!!!!!
:wave:

Okay well the first flaw is an air bubble in the glass what sometimes normally happens when i guess to much air gets in there while its being made, it is located on the front bottom of the tank. The second flaw is on the silicon it looks like some one scraped behind it with a razor, and this flaw is also on the bottom in the back of the tank. The third flaw for some odd reason i could not get the picture to post still learning this site, this flaw is on the front left corner kinda of near the bottom about 5 inches from the bottom it looks like some one hit it with something. Danke for the fast reply and hope this helps some.

waterlilly :lol:

I would recommend replacing the tank, the tank itself is probably only 30-60$ and you can use the existing top and light, you can take the measurements of the canopy and see what size it will fit, it may fit a bigger tank (more height)

Better safe then having 40Gal of water on the floor with a bunch of dead fish.

LOL, Thanks Wizzard~Of~Ozz thats what we where thinking of but my hubby cant make up his mind so i guess today when he gets home from work then we will go and look for a new tank.

Thanks for the welcome Menagerie hope you guys can put up with me cause i will have lots of questions for you guys cause we will have two tanks.

waterlilly

If you can't keep fish in the tank, try gerbils :D (I'm a gerbil pusher :biglol:)

Attachments

• saprykin_in_shavings2_196.jpg
    saprykin_in_shavings2_196.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 247
  • zele_eating_an_apple_436.jpg
    zele_eating_an_apple_436.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 183
:lol: Thanks but not thanks Menagerie i have had to many pets that i got attached to and lost so to get a pet i could love and snuggle with and then loose it would be way to much for me. But we did get a new tank same size and for 49.99 so we are building our own 3D background for it i will post pictures of it later.

I would say put the tank in the garage or basement fill it leave it for a couple of weeks checking for leaks

Montwo said:
I would say put the tank in the garage or basement fill it leave it for a couple of weeks checking for leaks

I will run this by my hubby so we dont have to throw it maybe we can give it to his parents or keep it for another fish tank.

Back
Top Bottom