Fiddeler crabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at my LFS last night (yesterday was my birthday and I got a $35 gift certificate) and was looking around, trying to decide what to go home an research LOL, and saw some fiddler crabs that were completely submerged :? !?!?!?! I had a fiddler crab in 4th grade, .....lotsa years ago lol and we always kept them in like a mangrove-type set-up.....but these guy's were in with the mollies.....? if these are a aquatic form I would love to set up my 10gall for a few when I get my 20long......

I too like Fiddler crabs but upon researching them found out that they don't belong in any freshwater tank. They need some salt to survive and they need access to dry land. They can live for a while (even a few months) in a total freshwater set up but it is cruel and unusual punishment for them and they will die a slow death. Here's a good site for information on them: http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/rarespecies/a/fiddlercrabs.htm.

Back
Top Bottom