fiddle crab vs crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxwolfpackof1xx

Aquarium Advice Addict
wich should i get in my 15 the fiddle i dont mind loseing a gallon or two seeing as there quite quirky but i also want a cray fish my only worrybis will he end up nomin on my neon tetra

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

They'll die quickly without marine salt and unfortunately the only other fish in your tank that could handle the marine salt is the molly. I have kept fiddlers with fish succesfully and have also had killer fiddlers. Any cray that gets over a couple inches is going to hunt your fish.

id go for the cray,ive got a blue cray thats been in my community tank since the end of january and she hasnt killed a single fish.ive kept fiddlers, which are intersting to watch but never lasted very long.and need brackish water.

Well the blue crays our out for you because they won't have room to share it with fish, one blue cray alone will most likely outgrow that tank. I keep my blue cray in his own tank...I've got some fish too expensive too risk (they weren't THAT expensive but I'm cheap lol) and he seems extremely territorial. Most of the success stories I've heard with larger crays in community tanks are in heavily planted tanks that are 55+. Even then I wouldn't do it.

siva said:
Well the blue crays our out for you because they won't have room to share it with fish, one blue cray alone will most likely outgrow that tank. I keep my blue cray in his own tank...I've got some fish too expensive too risk (they weren't THAT expensive but I'm cheap lol) and he seems extremely territorial. Most of the success stories I've heard with larger crays in community tanks are in heavily planted tanks that are 55+. Even then I wouldn't do it.

wow 55+ not gonna happen soon i hate beiing 14 hopefully i get a summer job and the cash flows in i plan on doing major additions in plants and starting a nano reef

I have a fiddler in pure FW and he's still goin strong, been there since the day I got the tank

wow 55+ not gonna happen soon i hate beiing 14 hopefully i get a summer job and the cash flows in i plan on doing major additions in plants and starting a nano reef

petco has been running awesome deals on the aqueon deluxe tank kits lately..I got some truly amazing deals..at least for around here!! I paid like $59 for a 29 gal with heater and everything and about $39 for the 20 gal.. you should check it out if you have a petco and get some cash :)

i do hve a petco will deff check it out i cant go any bigger than 20g seeing as im in an appartnt space is a issue i have a old solid wood desk a planted 20 would look amazing on

Look at floating platforms they make for turtles, add some tall plants and viola! Lol the crab climbs right up and hangs out in the air whenever he wants lol, sometimes he just climbs straight up the heater;)

crafty crafty i may try it i have 4 differnt ideas going on if only i had the income to support it lol im saveing for a nano reef going to upgrade my tankks lights add lots of plants hopefully drift wood ditch some of the decor iif plnts work add second air line to create a bubble wall...so many iideas so little time/ income

I've had them for up to 6 mos in fw...but now that i know more about them..my personal opinion is that it's not humane. These animals are mostly wild caught...they often come from brackish mongrove swamplands..to then throw them in a fw fish tank just seems sad to me. Ok wolf I won't go on about it anymore lol but I hope one day you will set yourself up a brackish crabitat..I really think you will be happier with your end result and I know the crabs will be happier :)

lol if my mother deceides to move and we get a house i want to set up a 5g fiddler crab tank for sure

Back
Top Bottom