Fiddler Crab Companions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MRS!

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone \o/

Could someone suggest to me what fish are good to go with Fiddler Crabs please? :D

Lol, That helps me loads .................. Not :p ;)

what do you mean? :evil:
Is this a better answer:
"Crabs will eat sessile creatures, including plants."

I don't know how big your tank is, but you shouldn't get another crab or crayfish unless there are lots of places to hide. Also it goes without saying that you should not get a fish that can fit a crab in its mouth.

I have done a little research on the Fiddler Crab, and they live fine with other Fiddlers!

Also they live well with Mollies \o/

Horray :D:D:D

I had my fiddler crab with some white cloud minnows and some apple snails. All love the cooler water and the minnows are so fast... forget it... The crab never had a chance.. ha, ha

Where is William? He can tell you that he witnessed his fiddler crab kill his adored dwarf frog. So don't get a cute little frog!

I Have spoken to William about my set-up and such, he's been very helpful.

I have a Mollie in there with them at the moment, just going too see how thing go!! :)

When the crab is small you can keep any type of top feeder or mid feeder and you should be OK, however when the crab matures any fish that gets too close could become a meal. Crabs are scavengers and will eat just about anything they catch.

I've also seen my crab climb plants, filter, or heater and wait for a fish to pass and he'll attempt to jump on top of the unsuspecting fish. Haven't seen this work but he definitely tries.

Back
Top Bottom