Fighting Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My angelfish have uprooted some crypts. Any ideas on how to fix this behavior.[/QUOTE

There could be two reason why. First is if it's a pair they could have been just trying to clean a leaf to spawn on and if the crypt was newly planted it just came up. Older crypts have good root systems and an angel couldn't pull it up, heck I have quite a time trying to remove a crypt after it's been in my tank for any length of time. Second is believe it or not angelfish like to nibble on plants and hair algae. In my 220g planted the angels like to eat new leaves off of dwarf baby tears and the fresh growing tops of rotala wallichii (which actually makes them branch and get fuller). They used to nibble on water sprite and actually enjoy a very small amount of duckweed (which I put in a feeding ring) sometimes. Angels like hair algae too. I've never seen any of mine, which right now I have 13 adults in a 220g, mess with crypts or swords. So what I have done to try to keep nibbling of plants down to a minimum is I make peas 2-3 times a week to give them greens. They don't seem to like other veggies I feed the bn pleco, oto's, and whiptail cats, but lightly cooked, de-shelled, peas, smashed up really are a big hit with them. And I noticed if I slack off on my "pea" feedings for a week they tend to pick more at plants. So my advice would be try giving them peas and possible and algae tablet 1-2x a week.

Back
Top Bottom