Fighting fish tank mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lil_is_me_2001

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Should I put guppies or neon tetras in with fighting fish ??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Neither one, depends on if it's a male or female. I'm assuming you mean a beta by "fighting fish"?

Yep a male betta he is in a 40 gallon tank by himself and is only young although he is beginning to become bored, any recommendations on what to ???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

White clouds, cories, and a bristlenose would work

I'm with this. Bettas don't like really flashy fish like guppies normally. This selection is a nice variety, while not too much color that he may not like.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I wouldn't add white clouds because their temperature requirements are a bit too low for bettas. The corys and pleco would work though.

Most tetras will work with a betta most of the time. Largely they will get along just fine with bettas although I've had one betta that did not like the neon tetras he was in a tank with at all. He's now in his own tank all by himselff.

Some others:
Harlequin Rasbora
Platies
Mollies
Kuhli Loaches
Oto cats

Wild type guppies could work, but they are really hard to find. they don't have the long finnage that the fancy guppies have so wouldn't be a likely target for a betta.

Wild guppies:
glass1.jpg

I agree with a bristlenose pleco as long as theres hiding places and driftwood. . Some corys work good too.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom