Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bigbert22fishiz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How can I slow down my water flow on my aqueon quiet flow 30 filter? Or should I get a slow flow filter? If so what brand and which one?

so this will slow down my water flow? Because i have some riccia and it keeps hitting the water flow and goes in my filter intake,

Yep, give it try! I have 3 aqueon filters & all the intakes are covered with various amounts of filter foam to lessen flow & keep my fancies away from intake suction. Increasing water level helps as well. The foam should help to keep plants out too. :)

I don't use the entire intake tubes on these filters, only half of them so I forget if the bottom section is slotted/has holes. I used the aqua clear 70 filter foam inserts on 2 of them- make hole in middle (lengthwise) about 1/2 way down sponge & slide over the intake tube. You then can trim/adjust sponge to see what works best for you. Less material over bottom, stronger flow- more material, less flow. The other I used black filter foam for a canister, wrapped over the bottom & secured with a cable tie (like wrapper on lollipop).

Back
Top Bottom