Filter Broke, help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As for the Anacharis plant each stem individually with a cm to inch apart or more so the light can get to the bottom leaves. 1.5 inches is not a very deep bed for rooting. 2.5-3" is better.

If the rhizome is mush, trim it off to discourage more rot.

Here's a pic:
The rhizomes aren't mush, and I'll cut off the tie for the anarchris in the morning.IMG_0642.jpg

You don't need a big piece of rhizome for anubias for it to grow, I literally had a piece that was 1/2 inch or less with 1 leaf 3-4 weeks later it had 4 new sprouts and the rhizome was about 3/4-1" but one of my rainbows nipped at it so much it came loose from the drift wood (didn't have a big area to attach it with) so I ended up discarding it and going to get something else, I'm working on plants right now but I can't decide what I want for my background and foreground lol

With carpet I have read you will need co2 and a strong light to penetrate deep so it can grow, I'm new to plants is just what I've read, but I heard 4 leaf clover does well with no co2 low/med light

Buy a canister filter. You will be so happy!
those are indeed nice but a bit excessive for a 10 gallon if you ask me

as for anubias, I see you have some stones in your tank. you can rubberband the rhizome on top of the stones and cut the band after few weeks as it anchors itself. or put on sand and put stone on top , the roots will take in a few weeks

OP, your getting some great [emoji106] advice here. Dive on it!!!!
Good luck bud.

I tied the anubias to some rocks, I don't know if I can salvage one of them, hopefully it just heals on its own. I have high light, root tabs, no co2, and no liquid ferts. I'll try the four leaf clovers if my baby tears end up not working out!

I tied the anubias to some rocks, I don't know if I can salvage one of them, hopefully it just heals on its own. I have high light, root tabs, no co2, and no liquid ferts. I'll try the four leaf clovers if my baby tears end up not working out!
There's some great posts on tropica about easy medium advanced plant care, I have been in there all day looking for what I want to put in my tank plant wise, you could also get crypt parva for your foreground

anubias is resilient , should recover. root tabs don't play any role in this, anubias is not a rooted plant, it absorbs through the leaves. ferts are not required either, my anubi is doing ok with just whatever waste 3 small tetras are producing.

what kind of "high light" you have? asking since I can't recognize the one you have pictured, it does not look anything to special. if it is a stock light hood that comes with the 10 gallon kits then it is very low light. which again is not a problem as that's exactly what anubias needs

Anubias is a water column feeder meaning it shouldn't be planted in the substrate same as ferns, where as your baby tears feed through the roots, there's a lot of contradiction when it comes to plants feed more through the roots rather than the water, fertilizer don't hurt it will only help I just ordered thrive all in one, no ferts could be why your baby tears aren't doing well cause you're not using fertilizer and they are a nutrient demanding plant.

anubias is resilient , should recover. root tabs don't play any role in this, anubias is not a rooted plant, it absorbs through the leaves. ferts are not required either, my anubi is doing ok with just whatever waste 3 small tetras are producing.

what kind of "high light" you have? asking since I can't recognize the one you have pictured, it does not look anything to special. if it is a stock light hood that comes with the 10 gallon kits then it is very low light. which again is not a problem as that's exactly what anubias needs

I do use a kit, but my amazon sword which is a high light plant is thriving in my other tank by the same company.

Anubias is a water column feeder meaning it shouldn't be planted in the substrate same as ferns, where as your baby tears feed through the roots, there's a lot of contradiction when it comes to plants feed more through the roots rather than the water, fertilizer don't hurt it will only help I just ordered thrive all in one, no ferts could be why your baby tears aren't doing well cause you're not using fertilizer and they are a nutrient demanding plant.

I read that they do fine with just root tabs, maybe those articles were wrong? I'll keep an eye on it for a few more days, and if it doesn't get better I'll return it and get a different plant. What do you recommend? Not dwarf sag because that is not in any pet shops near me. Also one fish shop has four leaf clover plants but it's completely brown.

I read that they do fine with just root tabs, maybe those articles were wrong? I'll keep an eye on it for a few more days, and if it doesn't get better I'll return it and get a different plant. What do you recommend? Not dwarf sag because that is not in any pet shops near me. Also one fish shop has four leaf clover plants but it's completely brown.
Amazon's aren't really high light, they are moderate /high but can grow in low, you can get plants from the buy and sell section on this forum, there's also online places you can buy from as well, I know it hurts your lfs but what can you do if they don't have what you want? My lfs is so slow right now they aren't ordering anything, I would go to my lfs for my plants/food but they don't carry the stuff I want/need, but I'll always go there for my fish and other supplies.

Maybe move the baby tears - if they aren't already under the most bright spot where the light shines. IMO they require strong lighting. Add a clip on daylight bulb maybe to help, shine right on them.

Back
Top Bottom