filter confusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hubbybug12409

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I am new to this fourm and to aquarium. I have had my tank for about 1 month and my filter just stopped working. How can I fix it. Or how long do I have till I can by a new one. I would like to fix it if possible thanks

Hello I am new to this fourm and to aquarium. I have had my tank for about 1 month and my filter just stopped working. How can I fix it. Or how long do I have till I can by a new one. I would like to fix it if possible thanks

Hi and welcome! What kind of filter? 1 month? I'd say its under warranty. Maybe bring it back to where you got it and get a replacement.

I had received a 10 gallon starter kit at christmas time. I just got it going and it a aqua tech. Idk if that helps. How long can the tankbgo with out a filter.. theres 1 fish and 2 frogs

Is the tank cycled? It can wait until tomorrow. My concern is oxygen. Without surface agitation there may be issues. Do you have an air stone you can use until you get a new one?

Yes I have a stone thing so I am sure that there is enough oxygen.., im just woried about bad algie or bacteria forming.. I clean the tank 1 time a week. But I can not get a filter till next week. But I will be cleaning it inbetween then..

Would I be able to wait tilk wednesday for me to get a filter?? If I was going to clean it sunday

Would I be able to wait tilk wednesday for me to get a filter?? If I was going to clean it sunday

That's a long time without a filter the only suggestion is keep doing water changes every day or every other day to keep the ammonia down. Good luck keeping your fish and frogs alive, it's a long time but it's doable if you keep on top of it.

That's a long time without a filter the only suggestion is keep doing water changes every day or every other day to keep the ammonia down. Good luck keeping your fish and frogs alive, it's a long time but it's doable if you keep on top of it.

Water changes everyday at least and you may make it through. Like the above stated. Test and do your water changes.

If you take the filter media out of the filter and hang it in the tank above your airstone that will keep some water flowing around it and help a little. Its no substitute for a functional filter or water changes but itll increase your odds of keeping everyone alive ( including the bacteria in your filter)

How offten do u do a water change with a filter working .. and how much watter do u change..??

Thats what I been doing about 40 persent.. thanks for all thebhelp guys..

Back
Top Bottom