filter floss / polishing pads

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What the difference ( if any ) Will one make the water clarity any better than the other?

If by Filter floss you mean poly fill/pillow stuffing type stuff it does the same thing as "polishing pads" except its much cheaper for larger quantities and you can use as much or as little as you want

Often polishing pads are finer, you can use felt as a polishing pad.

I didn't know that thank you! Might try some felt some time. My response to the OP was based on what the Fluval polishing pads are, since that's all I've ever used

I didn't know that thank you! Might try some felt some time. My response to the OP was based on what the Fluval polishing pads are, since that's all I've ever used

I've used the Fluval polishing pads for years. I love them. Use to get the 6 packs by the case. Now I use the poly fill.

I'd say don't bother spending the money on polishing pads ... just go to walmart / kmart or an arts & crafts store and get 100% poly-fill. Inexpensive, and a 20oz bag will last you months if not a year. Just ensure it doesn't have any fire retardants. I use the fairfield brand ... blue bag.

I'd say don't bother spending the money on polishing pads ... just go to walmart / kmart or an arts & crafts store and get 100% poly-fill. Inexpensive, and a 20oz bag will last you months if not a year. Just ensure it doesn't have any fire retardants. I use the fairfield brand ... blue bag.

^^^^+1 like I said I used the polishing pads but after finding poly fill I'm golden. Just like J said, it will last a long long time.

Back
Top Bottom