Filter inlet and outlet positions on a 125

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradleyheathhays

Aquarium Advice Regular
Building my first tank (125 gal) and I'm about to install two Eheim canister filters w/ corresponding inlets and outlets. Filters themselves will be located below in the stand.

What I'm wondering is what are the best positions for the inlets and outlets for optimal water circulation.

My plan is to position a spray bar (outlet) at the far left side of the tank at the surface pointing to the right, and the corresponding inlet in the middle of the tank extending straight down to just above the substrate layer. Then right next to that inlet will be the second canister's spray bar positioned in the middle of the tank near the surface pointing right, and then that filter's inlet will be on the far right side of the tank in the corner again extended down to just above the substrate.

Does this sound ok for an inlet/outlet setup or is there a better arrangement I should consider?

Thanks

If the filters only have one inlet and outlet each. I usually put the intakes one one side fairly near each other. I then put the outlets on the other side facing the intakes so that the flow is consistently across the whole tank. I typically only use one spraybar in that scenario. Allowing the full flow to come out of the second outlet.

Honestly though, I have no idea if that is better or worse than what you are proposing.

Back
Top Bottom