filter makin noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strokinbyeu

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just got an Emperor 400 Power Filter to put in my 75gal along with my fluval 405. but it is really loud not realy grinding just sounds like a sump pump from the basment lol what am i doing wrong?

i don't know what kind of filter that is, but does it have a bio wheel? is it possible it needs to be grinded down on the spindles maybe? I know tetra whisper hob filter was acting funny but there was a pin sized hole in the intake tube.

Check the impeller...make sure there is nothing interfering with it's operation...also make sure you fill it with water before plugging it in....power filters can be a challenge to get going sometimes...wouldn't rule out it being a defective unit.

Sometimes, if it's new, or hasn't run in awhile, you just need to let it run for awhile.

i played with it and played with it couldnt get it to quiet down so i took it apart again and where u take the little plastic peice off jto remove the impeller i seen that the peice not the impeller had a spot where it looked like some had broken off gotta do some lookin gto c if i can get a new peice oh p.s. i bought it used if was a heck of a "deal" gota get it workin gfirst b4 its that big of deal lol

Back
Top Bottom