Filter Malfunction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcmcn5

Aquarium Advice Regular
My Filstar XP-S died last night Wed., Dec. 18 for no apparent reason that I can discover. It had been running slow of late quit entirely last night.I have a new one arriving sometime tomorrow and I am wondering how long I can keep my fish alive with only an air pump for circulation? It's a 40 gallon with 3 Keyhole Cichlids, 7 Tiger Barbs (four green, 3 normal), 2 SAEs and 1 BN Pleco. Will they be ok for 2 days?

Thanks for any input.

My Filstar XP-S died last night Wed., Dec. 18 for no apparent reason that I can discover. It had been running slow of late quit entirely last night.I have a new one arriving sometime tomorrow and I am wondering how long I can keep my fish alive with only an air pump for circulation? It's a 40 gallon with 3 Keyhole Cichlids, 7 Tiger Barbs (four green, 3 normal), 2 SAEs and 1 BN Pleco. Will they be ok for 2 days?

Thanks for any input.
Should be fine, just run the airpump and use the old material for the new filter. You could probably unclog the motor (may be the problem) and try cleaning the impeller..

Back
Top Bottom