Filter not working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy Novice

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Why are the sides of my tank and the gravel becoming dirty? I've followed the manufacturer's instructions but still the tank is becoming dirty and the water is a little cloudy

Do you mean algae? The filters are only there to remove debris from the water and to convert it in the nitrification process to nitrates which you then need to remove by doing water changes. If you don't and allow it to build up you will have algae blooms since that's one thing it feeds off of

Filter not Working

Why are the sides of my tank and the gravel becoming dirty? I've followed the manufacturer's instructions but still the tank is becoming dirty and the water is a little cloudy

Hello Fishy...

From what I read from our post, the filter may be defective. Return it if you can and get a replacment as soon as possible. In the mean time, I would remove and replace half the tank water with pure, treated tap water, so your fish stay healthy.

B

What is the manufacturer? Does your filter match your tank size?

What do you mean by dirty? There are many things that could make areas of your tank look dirty, as long as the water is flowing through the filter it is unlikely to be that. There are also many normal things that make water cloudy. Bacteria bloom is one. Perfectly normal.

Back
Top Bottom