Filter off of eBay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperGirl117

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone bought a filter off of eBay? Used mainly is what I am questioning. I was wondering what to do if I found one or what is recommended.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh and I am looking for a sponge filter for my 5 and 10 gallon betta tanks. I want an adjustable flow. I am getting tired of getting frustrated with my baffle not working (baffled and has a sponge in the baffle)

Sent from my LGLS990 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've never bought one off eBay and personally I would be hesitant to do so if it's used. Craigslist you can at least meet in person and inspect it before paying. eBay you are just going on a whim if the filter is used. I wouldn't trust it personally.

Caleb

i have bought my tank and filter of ebay but it was pick up in person which was about 30 min drive from my house,it was a bargain 26 gallon tank and a fluval 206 for £35...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I bought my sponge filter from somewhere in China off of Ebay, they work fine. And they cost like 2 dollarios apiece, so if you just need a few its not too big a deal if they don't turn out. Just look for companies instead of people, and make sure they have at least a 95/100 rating... Anything that needs impellers or whatever i wouldn't because they could be damaged in shipping... In that area i would rather just buy from my LFS, even though it costs more.

If money cant buy happiness, that why do I need a job? I mean, I should be getting these fish free, since I don't have to pay for happy...

Back
Top Bottom