Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ccross

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just added an Aquatech 5-15 filter to my 5g that I am setting up. It sets quite alot lower in the tank than I had expected it to. The lip actually is under the waters surface. Rather than having a waterfall effect, it kind of just creates a slight ripple on the surface. Will this still properly add enough air to the water for whatever fish I add? I reall dont want to add a bubble stone for a tank so small.

Here is a quick vid to show what I mean:

I am not sure but am interested to know as my 5 gallon is the same way.

Anyone have any input on this? I think I can shim the filter up a little higher if I need too.

That's quite a lot of movement. They should be just fine.

Thanks. THat is what I was hoping to hear. 5g doesn't give a lot of room to add a bubble stone.

Yea mine said 5 on the box I believe but based on dimensions is a 5.5. You cant hold the exact amount of water in it after substrate and decor though...

Yea mine said 5 on the box I believe but based on dimensions is a 5.5. You cant hold the exact amount of water in it after substrate and decor though...

Good point. Never considered the gravel and what not :)

I didnt at first either. I thought itas odd that my 20 gallon didnt hold 20 gallons lol

I didnt at first either. I thought itas odd that my 20 gallon didnt hold 20 gallons lol

Never paid attention to the bigger tanks. But when you only need 5 gallons, its easy to realize when all doesnt go in :)

Back
Top Bottom