Filter question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 60-65 gallon freshwater aquarium that I just re did. I currently have 2 Marineland Penguin Power Filter 50-70 gal, 350 GPH. But they are getting old, and starting to be pretty noisy.

I was wondering if I got just get 1 new Marineland Penguin Power Filter 50-70 gal, 350 GPH would it be enough filtration??

Or does anyone have any filter suggestions ? Not looking to go with a canister filter.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You are best off running 2 filters...
I like AquaClear for HOBs.:flowers: They are clearly better in so many ways...;)
The idea behind 2 is better circulation and the ability to clean one at a time not messing with the bb and causing mini cycles...
Compare the AC70 to marineland....I have 2 marineland HOBs that were given to me and around 20-30 aquaclears that I purchased....:whistle:
Look for online sales. I just scored AC30s for $25 each with free shipping....:dance:

Just ordered a AC 70. Once I get it I will replace one of my Marineland filters. And let it run for a couple weeks before I replace the other Marineland with another AC 70

Okay will do. Anything else I need to know about the AC 70. I spent most of my morning reading about it

If you have fry or shrimp. Get a prefilter. Remember the flow is adjustable and you can add your own media.

I just got a AC70 and it's by far the best filter I've ever had. I will say though, my Marineland Penguin 150B was more quiet than my AC70 but the AC70 is superior. I'm about to buy another one as well for my 46 Bowfront.

If the propeller is noisy a light coat of vaseline on the magnet often helps. If its the lid make sure the pick up tube is inserted all the way. If its the waterfall effect top off your tank lol

If the propeller is noisy a light coat of vaseline on the magnet often helps. If its the lid make sure the pick up tube is inserted all the way. If its the waterfall effect top off your tank lol

On the AC 70 ?

Yeah the water flow is noisy. The internal components are not. I think I just need to reduce flow but I'm at 100% stock so i need to maintain the turnover rate

Recieved the AC 70 yesterday going to get it installed tonight. Any thing I need to know during installation?

Just note the level the intake tube meets the pump housing and don't let the aquarium water level go lower or you may lose syphon during a power failure..
Otherwise enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom