Filter recs please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psylk87

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need a 10 gallon filter. The one I have now is going out. So I thought I would as for recs and see what you guys like before I replace it.
The tanks is a standard 10 gallon. Live planted. Occupants are 1 Betta, 5 Neon Tetras, 2 apple snails, and just a couple RCS that are overflow from my 5gallon RCS tank.
I would really prefer if I could get the filter on Amazon.

Thanks in advance for your recs!

I need a 10 gallon filter. The one I have now is going out. So I thought I would as for recs and see what you guys like before I replace it.
The tanks is a standard 10 gallon. Live planted. Occupants are 1 Betta, 5 Neon Tetras, 2 apple snails, and just a couple RCS that are overflow from my 5gallon RCS tank.
I would really prefer if I could get the filter on Amazon.

Thanks in advance for your recs!

There are numerous sponge/corner air-driven low-flow filters, also an inexpensive HOB would work such as Aqueon quietflow (I think that's the name). If you are feeling spendy, you could get a canister filter ;) They do a much better job at cleaning han other filters, however they are much more expensive l.

Thank you so much. I was hoping for brand recs as well because I am not sure I like the brand I have now its an Aqua-tech HOB. This is the second one I have had die on me by them.

Thank you so much. I was hoping for brand recs as well because I am not sure I like the brand I have now its an Aqua-tech HOB. This is the second one I have had die on me by them.

With HOB's, Fluval C series and AquaClear are probably the most quality. For canisters, the fluval 06 series is very good.

All I can find in either of the brands you recommended is a 20 gallon filter. Does it make sense to have a 20 gallon filter on a 10 gallon tank?

I believe on the Aquaclear you can adjust flow to fit the tank's needs, I believe you can also do that on the Fluval 106 canister and the Fluval C2 HOB. At full blast these filters would probably be too much for the tank, however you do want to get filters for tanks slightly larger than the one you actually have. Say you have a 30 gallon tank, and your filter is rated for tanks up to 30 gallons. When you get filters whose max tank size is the size of yours, they tend not to be enough. For that reason you do want to go higher.

Back
Top Bottom