Filter replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HopefulHobbiest

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Already have an old thread similar to this one but I'm not sure if I should post there or not but here we go...

I currently have a 55G running the topfin 60(came as starter kit) and an aquaclear 70... Now my topfin is slowly becoming not so quiet and it's startin to drive me nuts and I'm thinking of replacing it on payday so my real question is...

Since I have a 55 and the aquaclear 70, should I grab a second aquaclear 70 or go for the aquaclear 110? I don't know which would be better suited and I know someone here will know the answer...

Depending on your stocking list I would go with the 110. The bigger the better

Well right now I'm in week 6 of my cycle and have:

4 sunburst platy
1 eclipse catfish
6 Cory's(3 peppered,3 albino)
3 clown loaches

But I'm definitely buying a replacement filter.. Would there be any chance a 110 would be to strong as far as water flow?

The 110 may be too strong for that stock IMO. You can always keep and eye on them and if need be slow the flow.

But the 110 is very very good filter. But so it the 70.

HopefulHobbiest said:
I just need to know which would be better... The platy don't seem to bothered by the 60 or 7

Incomplete post sorry... Also meant to edit out first line...

The platy don't seem bothered by the current of either filter. Now I don't know if that alone justifies buying the 110 but I plan on getting other fish such as a couple gold dojo loaches, a rainbow shark(awesome fish) and a few others but that will come later(after cycle)

HopefulHobbiest said:
Thank you, I greatly appreciate your advice :) I can't wait to hear the sound of the topfin 60 hitting the bottom of the trash can... Is soooo loud...

Haha I know the feeling. Your gonna love the filter I promise.

I love my aquaclear 70 already it's sooo quiet it's not even noticeable... But the reason I bought it was it came recommended from people here and they said doubling up on filters for my 55G would be huge help in the long run... I'm a lil upset the the topfin 60 that came with the kit is such a POS

HopefulHobbiest said:
I love my aquaclear 70 already it's sooo quiet it's not even noticeable... But the reason I bought it was it came recommended from people here and they said doubling up on filters for my 55G would be huge help in the long run... I'm a lil upset the the topfin 60 that came with the kit is such a POS

It happens ya live and learn. I always run 2 filters. One because I believe in more filtration the better and just incase one fails you have another still running.

Back
Top Bottom