Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppyLover

Aquarium Advice FINatic
For my birthday I want to get a new filter since I just have a Junky tetra whisper, whats a good but not to expensive filter?

I found a Aquaclear I like, but the Aqueons look nicer, how are they?

Why do they look nicer? Looks have nothing to do with function. I think almost everyone will agree with aquaclears have superior filtration to those cartridge type filters.

I had one aqueon and it broke within a week. I use marineland bio wheels, others don't like them. I think most people recommend aquaclears

Why do they look nicer? Looks have nothing to do with function. I think almost everyone will agree with aquaclears have superior filtration to those cartridge type filters.

I know, The aqueon just looks sleaker and thinner then the aqueon but then again I'm not looking at it in person. I'm fine with the Aquaclear though.

Another vote here for an aquaclear. Flexible media options, easy to clean and very reliable. Thats been my experience for almost 20 years almost of using them

For sure getting a Aquaclear. If I have a 20g should I get the 200/50 (for 20-50g) or the 150/30 (for 10-30), I don't want to over filter.

carey said:
Another vote here for an aquaclear. Flexible media options, easy to clean and very reliable. Thats been my experience for almost 20 years almost of using them

+111111
If you want a hang on the back filter I would go with a aquaclear , the beat:JMO
you can even customize it when you learn more about it ;-)

personally i'd get the 200/50. Just in case you want to upgrade, and still be within the filter capacity.

over filtration isn't always a bad thing. What you want to watch out for is the flow in your aquarium

I would go for the 50 at the least. Is it a long tank or regular height? I have an AC70 in my 20L and it generates too much flow in my opinion. But keeps the water crustal clean.

Also, you can never over filtrate. :)

Haha. Its not a long or a tall, I've seen both and it doesn't look like either. I call it a normal lol.

In that case if you want uber filtration you can go with the 70. Was just concerned if it was short the intake tube would be too far down.

Good luck! Let us know which one you choose.

Back
Top Bottom