Filters Fluvial C

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swampman

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am thinking about buying anther aquarium. I have 4 so far. Fluvial has a 45 gal kit. Light, A Fluvial C filter, heater,stand the whole bit. But I do not like the light. It is a small LED that even the salesman at the store said it was too dim for plants except Anuba's. Son new light will be in order. The Filter, Fluvial C is included. I have there power filters in my tank and some require daily cleaning. The salesman said this one is better. Does anyone have experience with this filter? I have read it is good but it is not a s good as a canister. Supposedly the C filter was taken off the market because nobody bought it. So Fluvial is trying to get rid of them. The kit is $460.00 What do you think?

I think thats overpriced. I can go buy a 75 gallon tank off Craigslist for $180. Thats how i got mine :)

Seriously. Those ganks arent worth it. They might look nice, but you have to buy extra stuff usually, and fish, and that means an extra $100-$200. So a lot of money.

If you can find a used tank, you will be better off. As long as its tested for leaks so you don't get ripped off.

A used 55 can be as cheap as $50. Then you can add on maybe $200 for some decent flyers and heaters, and whatever amount for the fish, and that is a large amount of $ saved...

Fluval does have good filters (I think you mean "Fluval" not "Fluvial" right?)
But I'm not sure if that filter would be appropriate for a 45? Maybe if it was a community, but i don't think it would do well with Cichlids or Goldfish.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom