filtration help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Too much filtration isnt a problem but too much current can. If you have plants or fish that need a gentle current.

Well I have 2 sword plants, 8 neon tetras and about 10 ghost shrimp. Is that okay

Well its a 10 gallon and I have 3 filters, all hob. One is 5-10, 10-20, and 10-30

That's a lot of electricity cost.
I'm unaware of what current your fish like but 3 in one tank is gonna make a lot. Id just go with the two bigger ones. With the two bigger ones you should be able to more than triple filter your tank in an hour. So I don't see a need for 3

tarpon said:
That's a lot of electricity cost.
I'm unaware of what current your fish like but 3 in one tank is gonna make a lot. Id just go with the two bigger ones. With the two bigger ones you should be able to more than triple filter your tank in an hour. So I don't see a need for 3

How is that alot of electricity

Haha idk were just always keeping as much as we can unplugged to save. Its probably not actually.

tarpon said:
Haha idk were just always keeping as much as we can unplugged to save. Its probably not actually.

Ah okay. Will 3 keep my tank pretty clean

tarpon said:
Definately. Its a lot of surface area for bacteria to grow as well

Well I have one filter with only filter pads and another with only ceramic rings for bacteria and the 3rd has a pad and ceramic rings. The last couple of days I have had a problem with planaria so I am slowly getting rid of it so hopefully this helps some more

Back
Top Bottom