Filtration write up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It took my hub and I several hours to clean our new sand. O---M---G.

I started hearing the talking heads "...remove the water!!! Carry the water!!! Remove the water... From the bottom of the ocean..."

Did you just keep rinsing it with water until its wasn't cloudy anymore??

Did you just keep rinsing it with water until its wasn't cloudy anymore??

Some of it can be left for the filters but trying to rinse it till it runs clear is a good idea. I didn't hardly clean mine but I have a lot of filtration and more I don't use so it cleared up within a couple hours.

I'll probably go ahead a rinse it thoroughly before putting it in. Andrew I'm not sure if you have seen my other thread about my 75 gal but maybe we can combine all the talk there.

I'll probably go ahead a rinse it thoroughly before putting it in. Andrew I'm not sure if you have seen my other thread about my 75 gal but maybe we can combine all the talk there.

I haven't seen it but I'm not a mod sometimes I wish I could move stuff lol fort is probably getting sick of all the private messages from me lol. You'll have to contact one of them and send both links to the threads and ask them to merge them together.

Have your Rena filters been good to you? I have read mixed reviews on them. In your cichlid review you have for a 75 gal to get a Rena and an ac. So a canister and a hob?

I use an xp3 and a xp4 on my 125 and love them! Never had a problem. I think every filter is going to have good and bad reviews. I got both mine from Dr foster smith. I just shopped for most gph with a relative price that was satisfying to me.

Have your Rena filters been good to you? I have read mixed reviews on them. In your cichlid review you have for a 75 gal to get a Rena and an ac. So a canister and a hob?

I was going off of gph per tank size. I've had mine for for years like 6-8 years and I've never had a problem. The reason I try to say a canister is for your main bacteria buildup and I hate running floss in them that clog up fast so a hob is what I use that for. Or you can x both and just do a sump

Back
Top Bottom