final stock list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laur94x

Aquarium Advice Freak
Sorry to post about stocking for a second time but I can't find the other post and I'm pretty much ready to start adding fish soon since upgrading my tank.
My 138 litre (3 foot long roughly) tank currently contains-
5 guppies,
2 albino cories,
1 female bristlenose pleco.

I have decided I'm going to add another 2 albino cories and 4 panda cories (will 8 be too many altogether?)
5/6 white fin tetra (good number?
And a pair of german blue rams (not yet though, they'll be the last to go in)

My levels are all fine, I check them regularly and do about 3 water changes a week. Oh and my tank has a lot of fake plants and I'm currently increasing the hiding places :)
Am I able to add anything else? Are the fish I said okay together?
I really like double red apistogrammas but don't know if itd be too agressive if I added 1?
I also like gold rams. Is my tank too small to have a pair of german blue rams and a pair or gold rams if I didn't have an apistogramma? Or would they be okay depending on the sexes? I like centre piece fish (such as rams or gouramis etc more than schools of small fish)

Any advice/suggestions is appreciated! :) thanks

Ah thank you :) I love my cories, they're so funny to watch always playing in the bubble stones! What type do you have? I thought cories were meant to be bottom dwellers but mine mental haha x

Honestly I wouldn't add 2 pairs of rams to that size tank. Yes it can be done but the problem is if they spawn aggression towards the other pair will increase but more so as rams mature and get older they seem to get more aggressive with other pairs. I have a 220g tank (822 liters) and only keep 2 ram pairs. I started out with 5 pairs but as they have gotten older I have slowly moved pairs into other tanks. Plus I think you would do better either keeping rams or apisto's but not both. Again it can be done but you could have some serious aggression issues.

Okay that's fine thanks for the advice :) I thought thatd be the case but just wanted to check. So do you think 1 pair of german blue rams would be okay in there? Or 1 ram? Laura

Thank you :) so do you think this sounds okay-
5 guppies,
8 cories,
1 bristlenose pleco,
Some white fin tetras (how many? :s I'm not sure cos they're not tiny like the others)
And a pair of blue rams.
Over stocked, under stocked or is that okay? Could I add anything else without it being too much?
P.s. So jealous that you have a 220g tank! :D

Is there anyway I could have a pearl gourami in there? Say if I didn't get any white fin tetra. Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm trying to research but my google is really playing up :s
So say could I have
5 guppies,
8 cories,
1 bristlenose pleco,
2 german blue rams
1 pearl gourami?
Or any other suggestions. Thanks

Is there anyway I could have a pearl gourami in there? Say if I didn't get any white fin tetra. Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm trying to research but my google is really playing up :s
So say could I have
5 guppies,
8 cories,
1 bristlenose pleco,
2 german blue rams
1 pearl gourami?
Or any other suggestions. Thanks

This is fine and you could get away with 6 tetras if you do your 50% WC's weekly.

Eek how exciting :D thanks! I'm just going to add the cories first, see how they get on before adding anything else. I do about 3 water changes a week normally anyway. (Size depends on levels) Going to get some sand for my tank tonight because I heard its a lot better for cories and I managed to smash my ammonia test tube yesterday so it'll have to wait until my new api master test kit turns up anyway :( bloody thing got lost in the post so they have to send another one out. I'm doing a move around with my ornaments and plants too now that my new stuff has turned up. Can't wait for it to all be done :D

Back
Top Bottom