Final Stock(S)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Quoted:
55g
1 brown knife
1 leopard Bush fish
1 Senegal Bicher
1 blue gourami (you said maybe tiger barbs too)
20g
1pair of blue rams
4 panda Cory's
1 powder blue gourami

Personally I wouldn't do the knife fish unless it had the footprint of a 40b, but I would recommend having more than 40 gallons for them and I wouldn't do tiger barbs because of their aggressiveness, but they would be fine in that amount of space if you changed your stock. I don't have any first hand experience with the birchir or leaf fish so I'll let someone else give the exact info on those in a 55.

Now in the 20, I suggest you pick between the rams and corys since the both spend their time in the lower part of the tank. Know that if you pick the rams that they are sensitive to toxins that can build up quick in a smaller tank and they need an established tank so that you have experience and know how those toxins build up. If you can wait, I would pick the rams because they're awesome fish, then pick some peaceful middle to top level swimmers to fill out the tank.

I think you're on the right track, you just need to tweak a couple things.

So back to the 20g
Centerpiece fish:
X2Gbr
X2honey gourami
Others:
(Reccomendations?)

Samtzer, that's a 33 long right? And correct me if I'm wrong loading but yours is a 20g tall right? The difference there is the footprint of the tank. I mean, it might work, or the peaceful corys might forage into the wrong spot and the rams may defend their territory, I'm only suggesting picking between the two because I wouldn't take that chance. I like corys and I like rams too much to watch squabbles between the two

Samtzer, that's a 33 long right? And correct me if I'm wrong loading but yours is a 20g tall right? The difference there is the footprint of the tank. I mean, it might work, or the peaceful corys might forage into the wrong spot and the rams may defend their territory, I'm only suggesting picking between the two because I wouldn't take that chance. I like corys and I like rams too much to watch squabbles between the two

Yeah mines a 33 long.

Aqadvisor said Note: Black Ghost Knife Fish only eats live or frozen foods, no flakes. Need a well planted tank with lots of hiding places.
Warning: Black Ghost Knife Fish is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 18 inches.

Recommended temperature range: 25 - 28 C. [Display in Farenheit]
Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.5.
Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

Recommended water change schedule: 32% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 106%. [Generate Image]

Other then you are overstocked and the bgk gets to big for your tank. And honestly you should not have these fish wait till you get more experience under your belt!

Loading... said:
Any fights?

A Corie can't fight a ram. It would just get nipped on and try to get asay. A 33g has a way bigger footprint then the tank you are suggestion. A 33 is like 36 in Long and a 20 is like what 24 inches. That make a big different when you just have bottom swimmers. If you have a lot of hiding places you could may e get away with it but I don't think I would try. In a 20 I do one pair of dwarfs and nothing else just in case they get aggressive...

Aqadvisor said Note: Black Ghost Knife Fish only eats live or frozen foods, no flakes. Need a well planted tank with lots of hiding places.
Warning: Black Ghost Knife Fish is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space, potentially reaching up to 18 inches.

Recommended temperature range: 25 - 28 C. [Display in Farenheit]
Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.5.
Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

Recommended water change schedule: 32% per week.
Your aquarium stocking level is 106%. [Generate Image]

Other then you are overstocked and the bgk gets to big for your tank. And honestly you should not have these fish wait till you get more experience under your belt!

It's a brown knife not black....different size

Yeah but still, I could imagine that the information hobgob have you is nearly the Same for a brown knife

Yeah but still, I could imagine that the information hobgob have you is nearly the Same for a brown knife

The brown knife gets 8-10in
The info is the same and I can deal with its requirements...
I would be about 95% stocked

Take aqadvisor with a grain of salt though. It may say that a brown knife can go in your tank but really you should want to give a brown knife as much space as possible to be comfortable rather than just enough space to survive. And the brown knife I had for a bit only ate flakes haha

Take aqadvisor with a grain of salt though. It may say that a brown knife can go in your tank but really you should want to give a brown knife as much space as possible to be comfortable rather than just enough space to survive. And the brown knife I had for a bit only ate flakes haha

Aquafvisor doesn't have brown knives:(

A 10" fish is pushing it in a 20h.
Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry? You have so many other options you could go with...
>=))))(°>

I had a bgk for a while and it would eat flakes just fine:)

Mine only ate flakes! I tried to give it frozen blood worms and even live worms and all it cared about the was the flakes haha. I returned him though, I thought he would even be too big for a 55

Aquarium Tank Ideas __________________________ •Actual tank,stand,light• 46g euro aquarium -At petsmart- __________________________ •Hob• Emperor 280 w/FREE 4-pack Rite-Size E Cartridges $38.19 -At Dr.foster- __________________________ •Canister• UV Canister Filter UF Series -At Pet Mountain- __________________________ •Stock• 1 Leopard Bushfish 1 Brown African Knifefish 1 Senegal Bicher 1 Gourami or pair OR 6 tiger barbs __________________________ •Substrate• Black Eco-Complete (40lbs) __________________________ •Plants• Amazon Sword (3 on the Back wall) Corkscrew Vallis ( Lining the sides ) Dwarf Crypt ( Spaced event In the middle ) Dwarf Hair Grass ( on the front glass) *no clue where to get these plants!*

Does this sound good?
What foods?

Back
Top Bottom