Final Stock(S)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aquarium Tank Ideas __________________________ •Actual tank,stand,light• 46g euro aquarium -At petsmart- __________________________ •Hob• Emperor 280 w/FREE 4-pack Rite-Size E Cartridges $38.19 -At Dr.foster- __________________________ •Canister• UV Canister Filter UF Series -At Pet Mountain- __________________________ •Stock• 1 Leopard Bushfish 1 Brown African Knifefish 1 Senegal Bicher 1 Gourami or pair OR 6 tiger barbs __________________________ •Substrate• Black Eco-Complete (40lbs) __________________________ •Plants• Amazon Sword (3 on the Back wall) Corkscrew Vallis ( Lining the sides ) Dwarf Crypt ( Spaced event In the middle ) Dwarf Hair Grass ( on the front glass) *no clue where to get these plants!*

Does this sound good?
What foods?

This sounds exactly the same as your first post in this thread except with a smaller tank. Considering the stock list was almost unequivocally stated unacceptable for a 55G why oh why do you think a 46G will suddenly make it acceptable?

Aquarium Tank Ideas __________________________ •Actual tank,stand,light• 46g euro aquarium -At petsmart- __________________________ •Hob• Emperor 280 w/FREE 4-pack Rite-Size E Cartridges $38.19 -At Dr.foster- __________________________ •Canister• UV Canister Filter UF Series -At Pet Mountain- __________________________ •Stock• 1 Leopard Bushfish 1 Brown African Knifefish 1 Senegal Bicher 1 Gourami or pair OR 6 tiger barbs __________________________ •Substrate• Black Eco-Complete (40lbs) __________________________ •Plants• Amazon Sword (3 on the Back wall) Corkscrew Vallis ( Lining the sides ) Dwarf Crypt ( Spaced event In the middle ) Dwarf Hair Grass ( on the front glass) *no clue where to get these plants!*

Does this sound good?
What foods?

Over filtering may allow you to over stock slightly but it won't allow you to have fish too big for your aquarium. Dwarf hair grass won't grow in the light you talk about. Check out liveaquaria.com or aquariumplants.com for plants. Since you're insisting on having a leaf fish, knife fish and a bichir I would suggest only keeping those in your tank without anything else so you can give them more space.

Ok what carpet plant do you suggest?

I don't. To get a carpet in larger tanks you need high output lights and usually have to introduce co2. I had DHG in my 20g with no co2 and medium/medium-high lighting and it took a couple months for it to send out only a couple runners. It never died, but didn't grow much either.

How strong are the LED's that come with the 46g euro tank at petsmart.com?

Probably not strong enough but I don't know the exact specs. Even the marineland double brights aren't very bright, I would look into a t5ho is you want a good carpet, or a t5 normal output if you can be patient

Back
Top Bottom