Final Stock(S)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
55g

1 brown knife
1 leopard Bush fish
1 Senegal Bicher
1 blue gourami

20g

1pair of blue rams
4 panda Cory's
1 powder blue gourami

Am ok with "little" problems that may occur that I am probably aware of...
Any major issues?
I won't get any fish til after Christmas(prob January)

I do not know much about most of those fish because I have never kept them. I will tell you though that it is highly likely that tiger barbs would get eaten in that set-up. They are speedy fish, but still.
What "little" problems are you ok with?

Small aggression,all the stuff you can think of but minor and not serious...
The tiger barbs would be until the bicher is full size

Haven't you asked basically the same thing multiple times? You have been told all or at least most of the potential big and small issues with your set ups by a few members. I see you have changed one or two things but really you could have stated these things in one of the several other threads you have started rather than create another thread.

My suggestion is to not have the corys and rams together in such a small space, and ideally you would want more corys in the group. Also I would be worried about the gourami in with the other fish but you can do whatever you want to do, no one can force you to take the advice you've been given

55g

1 brown knife
1 leopard Bush fish
1 Senegal Bicher
1 blue gourami

20g

1pair of blue rams
4 panda Cory's
1 powder blue gourami

Am ok with "little" problems that may occur that I am probably aware of...
Any major issues?
I won't get any fish til after Christmas(prob January)

I suggested you do no gourami with ram, but didnt listen. Don't know about a Busch fish but I'll look into it. The 55 cold be good( Mabye u could as ur leaffish)
But still, if your ok with your fish being bullied, nipped, and slowly abused, that's really a sad cade

This question has been asked 4 times now?! This same questio along with two of your other threads could of been posted on your original thread. A gourami and blue ram pair may not work out. What happened to the pristella tetras, Denison barb and cherry barb?

Remember this? It was in your crawfish&leafish thread

Originally Posted by Cynic
Here is a list of fish you could start new threads about...

Freshwater stingray
Baka sharks
Plecos
Magikarp
Rasboro
Cucumbers

Zimmanski said:
Harsh, but some truth in that. OP, You should have made a consolidated thread about leaf fish, rather than a bunch asking basically the same question. You need a bigger tank for 90% of the fish you've asked about and have received basically the same input from the other users on here in each of your threads.

Why dont you just do a cichlid set up in the 55? Nice and simple. Lots of option and beautiful fish.

It is all chiclads... Just not the more basic ones...

Birchir a and knife fish are not cichlids (that's the correct spelling, pronounced sick-lid. Just if you didn't know). A cichlids tank would actually be a great idea if you like them, they're aggressive like you like and have SOO many varieties to choose from and you could provide for them better than the choices you've been discussing

You need to do some research! Cichlids are fish that resembled american sun fish. You have to do research and if d out what each fish needs

and what tank mates it can have then come on here and ask us. Live aquaria is. Great website thats has the fish needs underneath each photo so you can see what they need. Check it out... And after that listen to us on here

You need to do some research! Cichlid are fish that resembled american sun fish. You have to do research and if d out what each fish needs and what tank mates it can have then come on here and ask us. Live aquaria is. Great website thats has the fish needs underneath each photo so you can see what they need. Check it out... And after that listen to us on here

Ok thank you I have a month before I can even get the tank so.....

Loading... said:
Ok thank you I have a month before I can even get the tank so.....

That isn't really an excuse. I'm sorry if I seem rude right now but you asked me questions about kribs and all this stuff when it could have easily been researched. Also your old stocking list, you must not have research that or the same three after that. There is a reason why you need to be 13 to join this forum. I personally think that age group should be higher but there are some people who honestly will listen and not act so ignorant themselves! They understand and actually care about their animals. I'm sorry but I don't see the same thing from you. You just want what you want Nd it doesn't matter what the fish wants or needs. And you can't say it not true. You ask people something and they go no no bgk not in a 20g or not with aggressive fish. Then you just ask the same thing just one fish less.
I'm sure I wouldn't be asking all these great people on here for help just to tell them they are wrong or that the fish will only grow to the aquarium if you buy it small. Even though a bunch of people say he is wrong. That might not have been you but same thing with your stocking list. Do your research and find out what you want and what you CAN have and propose a better stocking list on this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Preach brotha! Haha, that did seem heated, but so true. Not gonna lie, it cracks me up that all 4+ threads the op started ending in the same way

I honestly didn't want to say it so harshly but everything just keeps being repeated.

Loading honestly like mentioned above cichlids seem to be exactly what you want, they will still grow to be a good size, have amazing colours, and will stay active. They are beautiful tanks! You could try googling cichlid tanks and see how they look and if it's what you are interested in. Just remember not all cichlid can go together. You can't mix continents and each have different levels of aggression like all fish.

I am sorry about my post earlier a mod did edit it. I said a bad word which is understandable! I didn't know if it was ok since I was talking about my self.
My main point is there are people one this site who are taking the time to take endangered fish and try to captive breed them in hopes that they can be reintroduced in their natural habitat. And then they see you are just taking the fish and giving them awful living conditions and not taking the advice given to you. So many people want fish keeping banned because of this reason...

I honestly didn't want to say it so harshly but everything just keeps being repeated.

Loading honestly like mentioned above cichlids seem to be exactly what you want, they will still grow to be a good size, have amazing colours, and will stay active. They are beautiful tanks! You could try googling cichlid tanks and see how they look and if it's what you are interested in. Just remember not all cichlid can go together. You can't mix continents and each have different levels of aggression like all fish.

I am sorry about my post earlier a mod did edit it. I said a bad word which is understandable! I didn't know if it was ok since I was talking about my self.
My main point is there are people one this site who are taking the time to take endangered fish and try to captive breed them in hopes that they can be reintroduced in their natural habitat. And then they see you are just taking the fish and giving them awful living conditions and not taking the advice given to you. So many people want fish keeping banned because of this reason...

I'm sorry I've been ignorant and stupid....
I will not do any stock on these threads....

Thank you! People really aren't trying to talk down to or upset you in any way. There are just a lot of very experienced aquarists who are just trying to give you the best advice and honest opinions and they put the fishes well being and needs absolutely first when giving you this advice. Don't get me wrong either, I think all the fish you've been discussing are cool as heck, but they're just not the best choice for the tanks you may or may not get. There are about a gadzookszillion and half aquarium fish out there, and if you just look long enough I would bet you can find some that you really like and that you will be able to give them the best possible care.

Thank you! People really aren't trying to talk down to or upset you in any way. There are just a lot of very experienced aquarists who are just trying to give you the best advice and honest opinions and they put the fishes well being and needs absolutely first when giving you this advice. Don't get me wrong either, I think all the fish you've been discussing are cool as heck, but they're just not the best choice for the tanks you may or may not get. There are about a gadzookszillion and half aquarium fish out there, and if you just look long enough I would bet you can find some that you really like and that you will be able to give them the best possible care.

I understand...
Is there problems with both stocks or just the 20g?
I had 2 threads on the 55 and only 1 person said no I think
3-4threads on 20g and made a single correction on each thread..
Then this thread...

I understand...
Is there problems with both stocks or just the 20g?
I had 2 threads on the 55 and only 1 person said no I think
3-4threads on 20g and made a single correction on each thread..
Then this thread...

Quoted:
55g
1 brown knife
1 leopard Bush fish
1 Senegal Bicher
1 blue gourami (you said maybe tiger barbs too)
20g
1pair of blue rams
4 panda Cory's
1 powder blue gourami

Personally I wouldn't do the knife fish unless it had the footprint of a 40b, but I would recommend having more than 40 gallons for them and I wouldn't do tiger barbs because of their aggressiveness, but they would be fine in that amount of space if you changed your stock. I don't have any first hand experience with the birchir or leaf fish so I'll let someone else give the exact info on those in a 55.

Now in the 20, I suggest you pick between the rams and corys since the both spend their time in the lower part of the tank. Know that if you pick the rams that they are sensitive to toxins that can build up quick in a smaller tank and they need an established tank so that you have experience and know how those toxins build up. If you can wait, I would pick the rams because they're awesome fish, then pick some peaceful middle to top level swimmers to fill out the tank.

I think you're on the right track, you just need to tweak a couple things.

Back
Top Bottom