finally a pic of my tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patagonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
the tank has been set up and running for about 3 months now...thanks to all of you guys...so finally i got some pics...not too good but...thats the 29 gal in my signature...be honest! :D

Attachments

• 55r.jpg
    55r.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 137
  • 58r.jpg
    58r.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 78
thanks everybody...i think the tank looks a little empty at the back...i have plants there but since i still use the light that came with the kit (%^$#@@!) my plants are not growing as fast as i want them to....im trying to find some time to go to the fish store and get the clear hood and an extra light...but other than that...everything is great...no problems so far... :mrgreen:

Looks great! And good idea on picking up better lights, although I'm sure you 'could' grow the plants with the lighting kit that came with the tank :wink:

nah...not really...the only one that is really thriving is the anubias nana...it even had a flower not too long ago...but thats about it...its a 29gal tank and the light is 15watts... 8O ...how great can that be :roll: ???

Your tank looks really cool. :D I remember all the trouble you had getting it to cycle (at least I think that was you), glad everything worked out.

I'm in the same boat with my 29 gallon, I just have the crappy lighting that came with the tank. If you think it looks a little empty, you can get some java ferns and clip the roots, then tie them to your driftwood. They will attach after a few weeks and then you can cut the string off. Javas will have no problem in low light, and it is a really nice effect. You can attach them to rocks the same way. Here's how it looks in my tank:
img_463598_0_05dfe71f29b5f972dfaa6824b04cfef2.jpg

The javas are attached to wood on the left and right sides of the tank. HTH :D

those plants look great!!! a lot better than mine...i will definitely get some java ferns for my tank...thanks for the tip severum!

But my tank has been set up much longer than yours. I have 2 anubias, and I believe 4 or 5 java ferns (a couple attached to each piece of driftwood), and a couple of unknown swords that, quite honestly, I can't believe are growing, much less thriving with my lighting. Give it some time, your plants will fill out a lot. BTW if you want to make your anubias look taller, you can attach them to rocks or driftwood the same way you attach java ferns. :D

Back
Top Bottom