finally got an oranda but got a problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orandafan12

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was letting the bag float in my tank for about 10-15 min. Then i opened the bag to put water in. The fish just stayed in the bag for only a minute. I was looking and the oranda just swam out. Will this shpck the fish?

orandafan12 said:
I was letting the bag float in my tank for about 10-15 min. Then i opened the bag to put water in. The fish just stayed in the bag for only a minute. I was looking and the oranda just swam out. Will this shpck the fish?

How is it doing? If its ok after an hour or so, it should be fine.

There's nothing you could really do except put him back in the back he came into an try to acclimate him again.

Yes he is doing fine. I got at a lfs that has the healthiest fish around. Also when you first get a fish what do you do? Do you just leavr him not fed or do you feed him? Also is the aquarium light suppose to be on?

orandafan12 said:
Yes he is doing fine. I got at a lfs that has the healthiest fish around. Also when you first get a fish what do you do? Do you just leavr him not fed or do you feed him? Also is the aquarium light suppose to be on?

Leave the lights off while acclimating to reduce the stress on the fish of a new environment.

After a day or two I would feed him, just so there aren't any ammonia spikes

Fishkeeper26 said:
Leave the lights off while acclimating to reduce the stress on the fish of a new environment.

After a day or two I would feed him, just so there aren't any ammonia spikes

I just turned it off. Also he keeps playong in bubbles? Is that normal?

orandafan12 said:
I just turned it off. Also he keeps playong in bubbles? Is that normal?

Yea, he is gonna be ok. Just keep an eye on you levels and don't overfeed it. Congratulations on the fish.

Fishkeeper26 said:
If it's a fin between the fantail it's normal

It is but their is a fin that just looks irregular and i cant take a pick because he moves to fast.

Deckape said:
How is it doing? If its ok after an hour or so, it should be fine.

Hes doing fine but the temperature is a little high. How can i decrease it?

orandafan12 said:
Hes doing fine but the temperature is a little high. How can i decrease it?

What is the temp?

Last edited:
If you have an adjustable heater, you just turn the knob to the left.

Deckape said:
What is the temp?

78 F. I have a heater but its not very good. I cant tell what im turning the temperature to. Also can i turn the tank light on?

Back
Top Bottom