Finally posted a video of my monster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adamfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just a quick video of my monster 225 that I built with a few monsters inside the aquarium ? let me know what you think

Watch "225 gallon acrylic aquarium" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/2aucwNEl86g

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice, man. How long was the tank build process?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice, man. How long was the tank build process?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Finding the most efficient size took me 2 weeks, getting my pieces and material took me a month and putting it together about 3 days ?

How much was total build cost?
You're using A single fx6 on there? Seems weak for 220 gallons.

Jesse

One fx6 is rated for a 450 gallon aquarium, my tank has a fairly high stock which I agree is alot for one fx6, I'm currently looking for a cheap one if I can find one.

I was quoted 2500$ plus 600$shipping by glass cages. (I live in ontario) for everything I spent about 1300$ to 1500$ so it was for sure worth it ?

Fx6 only flows a little over 900gph without media and zero head loss. Its substantially less than that when set up I'm sure. I'd defiantly consider adding at least one more FX6 or two quality (AC110s?) HOBs. That's my thoughts though I guess. I prefer a high turnover rate..

Jesse

Fx6 only flows a little over 900gph without media and zero head loss. Its substantially less than that when set up I'm sure. I'd defiantly consider adding at least one more FX6 or two quality (AC110s?) HOBs. That's my thoughts though I guess. I prefer a high turnover rate..

Jesse

I did have a sump set up but it wasn't doing what I wanted it to so I took it down, I agree with what your saying. Would definitely help reducing the frequency of water changes ?

Back
Top Bottom