Fire eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoneFishing

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know these guys can get 2 feet long, and some sites list 50 gal minimum tank size, would a 55gal be ok? Or should I try talking the wife into a 75gal?

They can certainly hit the 2' range and they're are are a predatory fish so tank and tankmates must be chosen carefully. The bare minimum I would recommend would be a 75g. temporarily but a six foot tank will be in order to house a sub-adult to full adult. I always recommend the tank before the fish so a 125g or bigger is best.

They can certainly hit the 2' range and they're are are a predatory fish so tank and tankmates must be chosen carefully. The bare minimum I would recommend would be a 75g. temporarily but a six foot tank will be in order to house a sub-adult to full adult. I always recommend the tank before the fish so a 125g or bigger is best.

Bummer I wouldn't want a temp setup and I don't have the room for a 100+ gallon tank. They are amazing creatures though!

I've seen these in the LFS from time to time and they are always kept in 100+ Gallon tanks.

5x5 said:
I've seen these in the LFS from time to time and they are always kept in 100+ Gallon tanks.

Yea they have them at my lfs, sadly getting one has been ruled out. But I think it's better for the both of us.

HUKIT said:
Great attitude, I wish everyone took the time to ask questions and research fish. Rep points to you!

Lol thanks, I also wish people would read up and not make rash decisions.

Back
Top Bottom