Fire eel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chev13696

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am doing some research on a fire eel and would like to know if anyone has one and could give me some advice on keeping one.

I have one. The biggest thing I would suggest next to tank size is get them to accept non live foods. Mine eats frozen blood worms, ghost shrimp, and an occasional fish big enough to fit in its mouth. Oh and a lid they're jumpers.

I have one. The biggest thing I would suggest next to tank size is get them to accept non live foods. Mine eats frozen blood worms, ghost shrimp, and an occasional fish big enough to fit in its mouth. Oh and a lid they're jumpers.

I have a 125 gallon with about 200lbs of sand with the glass versa tops. Does yours come out during the day at all or just when it's darker. What process did you take to get him to eat non live food.

He's out all the time. It's pretty much trained eating time. I feed the other fish. His head pokes out then I put in the blood worms. Even the dehydrated ones, ill pinch some put it by him and he eats it.

He's out all the time. It's pretty much trained eating time. I feed the other fish. His head pokes out then I put in the blood worms. Even the dehydrated ones, ill pinch some put it by him and he eats it.

What size tank do you have? What do you have in your tank for him to hide in? So you have any pictures of him you can post. What other types of fish do you keep with him? How big is yours? Sorry for all the questions just want as much info as I can get before I go out and buy one. Do you think a 29 gallon tank would be ok for one that is 6-8 inches for a QT time before adding him to the big tank.

I have mine in a 75, I have multiple places for him to hide, coconuts, wood, gravel, but he doesn't mind coming out. A 29 for qt is fine and I have him in with discus, angel fish, and a royal pleco.

Attachments

• image-2067507430.jpg
    image-2067507430.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom