Fire Eel Not Eating : /

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have noticed him growing in width but not in length which surprises me because he's in a pretty big tank.

Just make sure you feed those shrimp some good food before your eel gets them that way you beef it up quicker

abstract373 said:
Just make sure you feed those shrimp some good food before your eel gets them that way you beef it up quicker

What should I feed them??

I feed blood worms all in 1 for omnivores and spirila hope i spelled that right..i feed them prehand then put them all in the tank with them and the feast begins...lol

abstract373 said:
I feed blood worms all in 1 for omnivores and spirila hope i spelled that right..i feed them prehand then put them all in the tank with them and the feast begins...lol

Ohhhh I feed mine flakes, shrimp pellets, and bottom feeder tablets.

Ok thanks but do you think he will ever take another kind of food??

Maybe or you just got a picky kid as long as it eat be glad its a start just keep at it and dont stop trying...maybe try soaking worms in garlic to temp its taste buds.. Ive been told theres a liquid garlic for fish to build there immune system might give that a try just add liquid to live food and feed

abstract373 said:
Maybe or you just got a picky kid as long as it eat be glad its a start just keep at it and dont stop trying...maybe try soaking worms in garlic to temp its taste buds.. Ive been told theres a liquid garlic for fish to build there immune system might give that a try just add liquid to live food and feed

Is there a way I can make my own garlic sauce? I'm only 15 so I'm very tight on money. The only time I get $$ is for my birthday and Christmas. But I'm selling my airsoft gun and iPod for fish food.

Be honest dont know got to look into it try google and if i come across ill let you know...plus it helps with stress so its worth having..i know specta brand foods use krill and garlic

Mine is in the 8-9" range right now. He's grown maybe a 2 - 2.5" in length since I got him, he has really thickened up though.

When I got him..
img_2103673_0_c47ba4373353624cbe39b0686b361c1a.jpg

Pic from 3 weeks ago..

img_2103673_1_e3f096466650c7542ebe4470547f9f00.jpg

Mudfrog said:
Mine is in the 8-9" range right now. He's grown maybe a 2 - 2.5" in length since I got him, he has really thickened up though.

When I got him..

Pic from 3 weeks ago..

Wow I can tell you take good care of him he used to be really skinny! Mine has gotten thicker too but not as much as yours did.

Since he's only in a 50g breeder I do 2x 50% WC's each week plus I have live plants. Generally my Nitrates are under 20 when I start my water changes.

Good news! I am selling my airsoft gun and already sold my iPod for $100! I think ill try out some new foods for my eel.

Update - Hey guys I tried krill and tubifex worms and he doesn't like them. I also tried earth worms again and he still wont take them. But he is doing fine on shrimp! He has grown and gotten thicker. He seems to be out a lot more now and always swims up to see me or my hand when its in the tank. I have noticed that when I'm feeding him his colors seem to get brighter! Are there any other foods I should try?? Thanks

He seems to like pieces of shrimp and lobster cooked but can I buy a bag of frozen shrimp and feed him it to him raw?

Back
Top Bottom