firemouths or jewel cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Should I get a pair of jewel cichlid or firemouth? For my 40gallon breeder. I
PHP:
wwould like the red jewel cichlid but don't know what they are called

Do you want to go with a central american themed tank or an african themed tank... or do you care? Which one do you like best?

Here are some profiles on various fish often referred to as jewel cichlids... just look here at the Hemichromis

Do you want to go with a central american themed tank or an african themed tank... or do you care? Which one do you like best?

Here are some profiles on various fish often referred to as jewel cichlids... just look here at the Hemichromis

I don't care because the tank is just pfs and rocks and I only want a pair of cichlid in it. I like firemouth a lot but feel the red jewel cichlid are more colorful anyone know the name of them?

Is it not listed in the link I provided? I googled it and it seems that Hemichromis lifalili and Hemichromis bimaculatus are commonly referred to as 'red jewel cichlids'.

Is it not listed in the link I provided? I googled it and it seems that Hemichromis lifalili and Hemichromis bimaculatus are commonly referred to as 'red jewel cichlids'.

I just didn't see that part till after i posted. I think I'mgoing to go with firemouths.

Back
Top Bottom