Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-16-2006, 07:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

first big als online purchase. how did yours go?

i just bought 2 18" power glo lights because all the stores around me were completly sold out. and i would have had to wait at least a week for stock to come in and that was only if if came in that shipment. i was wondering roughly how long it took most peoples orders to come in. were your orders complete when u got them. if something was broken was it replaced free or did u have to pay? any experience at all i would love to hear about. thanks in advance

Old 01-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
I've never had any problems with Big Als, and even coming from Canada, their packages reach me here on the East Coast, in less than 4 days usually.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 07:41 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

i was hoping to get it on or before friday and i am not far from toronto so i dont think this will be a problem. what did u order exactly? it all arrived as you expected and undamaged? thanks
Old 01-16-2006, 07:47 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to rich311k
I have order bulbs and fixtures from them. They all arrived in good shape usually in 3 days.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I get my shipments around 4 days and have never had a problem. One time I did have a defective timer. I called Big Al's and they gave me a RA number to write on the box when I shipped it back. They paid for return shipping PLUS the shipping of the new item. They could have just let me keep the broken timer since shipping probably cost more sending it back to them than the actual timer. But other than the manufacturers defective timer, I've never had anything broke and I've ordered two light strips and about 10 bulbs.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Fishyfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Devilishturtles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr funktastic
i was hoping to get it on or before friday and i am not far from toronto so i dont think this will be a problem. what did u order exactly? it all arrived as you expected and undamaged? thanks
I've ordered a Protein Skimmer, heater, and Fluval internal filter from Big Als. Everything always packaged amazingly well, no damages.

Live in the Western MD/West Virginia/DC Metro Area?
Join our very active regional forum Here

Like the advice someone just gave you? Add to their reputation! Click on the balance icon underneath their username and let them know.
Devilishturtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I've ordered from them on 5 previous occasions and up until my most recent order I was 100% satisfied.

This past order isn't even that bad, but just FYI I placed the order on the 10th of this month, they notified me on the 13th that one of the items in my order wasn't actually in stock and today, the 16th, I finally received a tracking number for the rest of the order.

It will be roughly a 10 day turnaround by the time my order actually arrives this time.

All previous orders had been 5 or less.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

that is pretty good. where exactly do they ship out from? is there a big wherehouse in canada that they ship from or do they ship it from the nearest store to you? i really hope my order comes in undamaged because i dont want to go through the whole process of sending it back and then them sending it again. my mom has never liked the online and she offered to take me to get it next week when the store got there stock back in but i said this would be faster. so i am really hoping it comes in before friday so i can rub it in her face lol.
Old 01-16-2006, 11:46 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to sherry
big als is incredible. their customer service is fantastic. They will go out of their way to make you happy. at least they did that for me.

I honestly would never hestitate to do business with these people. They are truly incredibly good.
Old 01-17-2006, 08:21 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

I ordered almost all of the equipment for my 75 gal from BigAls. Heaters, Fluval, thermometer, etc. All arrived on time and in good condition.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com