First blue ram :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sound like you may get a spawn. Is the females belly really getting pink?

Maybe that would be cool if it happens! She had a nice pink belly at the store, it still looks the same it doesn't appear any pinker yet. She's quite a lot smaller than Marley. Marley has got an attitude towards the other fish now though coming near his side of the tank

Maybe that would be cool if it happens! She had a nice pink belly at the store, it still looks the same it doesn't appear any pinker yet. She's quite a lot smaller than Marley. Marley has got an attitude towards the other fish now though coming near his side of the tank

Has he colored up? You will know when they are about to spawn. Her belly will fill out from eggs and her tube will shown. They will also pick spot and start cleaning it. Could be a pc of slate or they will make a small shallow spawn crater in the substrate.

He has coloured up more since she's been in there. Shes just seems so much smaller than him how old do they have to be before they spawn? Ill keep an eye out for any of that going on alls that I've noticed is Marley is really protective over the right side of the tank now. I just uploaded some pics of them here's the link
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/65790-albums11244.html

Eeeeh my rams are sooo darn cute! They sleep together all huddled in their little corner every night I always go have a little sneak peak when I get up for water during the night.

Just read through this entire thread and that is so awesome! I think you did great in being so careful in putting your pair together, and they are beautiful. I've been thinking of getting a German Ram as my feature fish for my 20g long, will have to wait until I get it all planted and stuff the way I want it though.

If you get a spawn please post pics! :D

Just read through this entire thread and that is so awesome! I think you did great in being so careful in putting your pair together, and they are beautiful. I've been thinking of getting a German Ram as my feature fish for my 20g long, will have to wait until I get it all planted and stuff the way I want it though.

If you get a spawn please post pics! :D

Why thank you :) they are stunning fish Im so glad I got them. Oohw cool! You should get one they are too cute. What fish do you have in it now? How longs it been set up for ? Oh and ill be sure to post pics if and when that happens for sure!

I'm hoping you get a spawn too! Blood worms seem to be a super food! I have about 50 fry in a hatchery tank and my sail fins have a big spawn of wiggles I need to move the fry tank soon!

My guess is male, but a brighter picture as mentioned above would help.

Why thank you :) they are stunning fish Im so glad I got them. Oohw cool! You should get one they are too cute. What fish do you have in it now? How longs it been set up for ? Oh and ill be sure to post pics if and when that happens for sure!

I have 3 platies and a bristlenose pleco. Tank has been set up about 2.5 months and I'm still working on the plants, so it'll be awhile before I can seriously think about getting one. :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom