first fish died...help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davidg1013

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone..

Im new here and today my one glo danio died..it was struggling....this is my 2nd tank after a long time. Its been set up and cycled and all that. I had my fish for about 3 weeks...30 gallon tank....its cycled, my test levels are perfect(ammo 0..nites 0 )..temp perfect......It was the smallest of all the danios ( i just have 2 cat fish in there with them which are fine)...I have a bio rock in there and have cleaned the tank and up on top of all my reg maintenance duties.......

What doyou think may have happened? I have VERY much tried to underfeed them as I know when i had my first tank of Angels (which lasted 8 years actually) thats a huge thing..so i ve been very careful with it......Could this just have been one of those things that it died or?

My last water cahnge which i do weekly was a week ago and they all have been fine....

Also, maybe stupid but could my powerhead be a problem ?? all the fish like swimming in it and had no problems with it before so far....I turn it off when i feed them so the flakes dont go in the current everywhere....I dunno, maybe im over reaching for the problem here..so just asking....

I put in stresscoat and salt after I took the fish out of the tank......I did not do a change as I wasnt sure that was the problem from last week.(which i dont think it was)......

Should I do anything else now or just now let things go since levels etc are fine......??????????? any help is appreciated thanks

Back
Top Bottom