First live plants???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello, i went to petco today and i bought a small bamboo, a marimo moss ball, and a shrunken head clay decoration with some kind of plant on it. i was wondering if i need to do anything special for these plants. the bamboo is completely submerged and i dont have anything special in the tank such as fertilizer or anything like that. so do i need to do anything for them?

Well the bamboo arent actually full aquatic. The top part must be out of the water.

I would dip the plants in a hydrogen peroxide solution to get rid of any parasites or extra stuff. The bamboo isn't truly an aquatic plant, or a bamboo. It needs to have part of the top stock and leaves out of the water or it will slowly start rotting. Guessing you already have lights?

yah i have lights but just the ones that came with the kit and the bamboo is to short to have some of it come out of the water. What should i do? would it be fine completely submerged if i did something?

Do you know the rating on them?
And they can last some months fully submerged but they will still rot. You can get a nice short vase and fill it with gravel and water and put the bamboo in it. I have a bunch my room like that, just a suggestion lol.

I dont think they need too much. And try a rock under the bamboo to lift it

adammorrill said:
why will i need good lighting? i thought these plants didnt need that much

Well most lights that come with the kit are sufficient enough for low light plants depending on what kind of light it is.

ok well i dont think im going to put it in a vase and the bamboo is like atleast 6 inches from the top of the tank so the rock wouldnt help...:(

K well maybe wait a while with ut in a vase for it to grow, then add it later on

Back
Top Bottom