First time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sa1nt02

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 1 month old tank 55g 2 Cory cats 15 tetras 4 mollies and three live plants but my tank started to be cloudy two days ago how can i fix that here are my test readingsIMG_20170722_211654.jpg

Your nitrite is so high! I have never seen one that high before. That is very bad for the fish. I suggest a 50% water change and a dose of Prime if you have it. And then another big change a few hours after. Your Nitrites should be 0.

Your water is likely cloudy due to an algae bloom. When you get your water parameters back to normal, through the WC' s , the algae will go away. Algae blooms don't normally hurt fish as long as there is enough airation / water movement.
Good luck

You really should either get media from an already cycled tank or get those fish out of there. That nitrite reading is VERY bad and the inhabitants are suffering and could easily die.

Unless nitrite is 0 there should be absolutely no inhabitants in there.

It looks like you are producing nitrates so you are at the tail end of the cycle.

As others have said your nitrites are way too high.

I would do a 50% water changes every 4-6 hours until your nitrite levels are back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom