First time ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deltafishin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my first time dealing with ich. I am new at the aquarium game, my tank is a 10 gal with one dear gaurami two guppies and three crs with 5 more in the mail. I wave two plants some moss and Marimo ball.

My heater doesn't allow me to adjust temps it is preset for 78. Tonight I removed the carbon filter, cut off the floss section and inserted it into a new floss filter with aqua clear ammonia control media. I have bio-balls and a scribble as additional media in my filter. I dosed with 6 drops of NoX-ich as I read to cut dose in half for inverts and plants. I spotted the white dots on my guppy and some in the second guppy the gaurami looks fine. What else should I be doing?

Ps lights off and I added n air pump today to get oxygenation in the far side of the tank.

Shame you can't crank up the temp.
Just watch that you don't treat with any medication that contains copper, the shrimp will die.
Don't stop medicating when the white spots go away, the parasite is now free swimming, actually the only time it can be killed. At 78f I would medicate for at least a further week, maybe two.
Good luck, we've all been there!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yes, I wouldn't have purchased that one if I would have known that one uses heat to rid of infections and parasites. When I get my next tank I will remedy that and look for used ones. I appreciate the response

Thank you delapool the last article was great I am going to give my infected guppies a salt bath tonight ��

Back
Top Bottom