first time testing my water PLEASE HELP!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tdukes22

Aquarium Advice Activist
ok i've had my tank up for about a month and a half now and these are the fish i have
6 zebra danio's
2 blood something tetras
3 other tetras but i can't remember the name but they look like they have a mo- hawk on the top of them
1 sunburst platy
2 molly's
2 mickey mouse platy's

and my readings for the water was the following

nitrite:0ppm
nitrate:0ppm
ammonia: either 4 or 8 really can't tell
ph:6

please let me know whats good and whats bad and what i can do to change it and i will try to upload some pics so you can see what my tank looks like so far

If you're ammonia is really 4 or 8, that's bad. Anything above 0 is bad, but above 0.5ppm you have to start to worry about the health of your fish.

Your tank needs to cycle. Since you have fish already, in their best interest you should consider doing water changes as often as needed to maintain both your Ammonia and your nitrIte readings below 0.5ppm. These things are toxic to your fish.

You need to be testing the water everyday and making sure the ammonia is not getting to high. You will more then likely be doing pw changes every day to keep it as low as possible. You will need to do this for enough time as to allow the vital bacteria which will cycle tour tank to grow

Back
Top Bottom