Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manateelover92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I would like to know any information on any of these fish. I heard that the pictus catfish catches ick easily, but I want a second opinion. I also wanna know what other types of fish are compatible with them. Here is a list of fish I wanna know about..

Pictus catfish
Ghost knife
Spotted puffer fish
multipunctatus catfish
Red tailed shark
Rusty pleco

What size tank is it in?

Pictus Cats- they are hardy species IMO dont really catch disease and need a shoal of at least 3. Also they need at least a 3 foot tank since these guys are super active.

Black Ghost Knife- These guys get big they need at least a 125 gallon IMO. They can't see very well and usually need to be hand fed but they are a very very cool fish.

Red Tailed Shark- They are a awesome fish I think. They need about a 55 gallon or 4 foot tank to be happy and not cause problems over territory disputes. They don't get a long with their own species or any type of shark species so just get one.

Sorry I don't know anything about the other 3 species you listed.

If you mean the green spotted puffer, those will eventually need to be in a saltwater tank and they don't do well with tankmates. They are messy eaters with a high bioload and need at least 30 gallons. They need brackish water as juveniles and full saltwater as adults. Great fish though, they have a lot of personality. I love mine.

Rusty pleco- They are pretty sensitive, and require a tank that is well maintained with good water quality and a fairly stable temperature. They rarely if ever get over 8 inches in aquariums, though they have been reported to get up to a foot long. So a large aquarium would be needed.

Ya I just bought a 55 gallon Saturday. We have it set up but were gonna let it run for a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom