fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your shark by itself is too large for your tank, and they also prefer to be in schools. Trade it/sell it/move it.

The Platy is fine. Adding 3 more Neons to your school would keep them happy. Then you could choose a couple more small fish, or maybe a nice looking Dwarf Gourami to finish it off.

ID Sharks get to be 3', you won't be able to keep one for it's lifespan. I still don't know why stores sell them :roll:

with an ID in there, then no, you won't be able to add anymore and you'll need to upgrade to a massive tank if you plan on keeping it.
Size - Weight:
The Pangasius Catfish or Iridescent Shark Catfish get up to 39 inches (100 cm). Yes, over 3 feet long!

When I first started keeping fish, my lfs sold me and ID shark, within 2 months he got twice his size. I'm afraid that the others are quite right, he will need to go back to the lfs or you will need a very very large aquarium.

id keep the platy and 3 neons and add some cory catfish to the bottom.

I agree with AshleyNicole, cories would be a good addition. They are very active bottom feeders and a lot of fun to watch. They will also help to keep the bottom clean. They like to be kept in groups so get 3 so that they have friends to play with.

Back
Top Bottom