Fish acting weird!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess the first question we need to ask us are you aware if the necessity to cycle the tank? If you haven't I would suspect that the fish are suffering from ammonia poisoning.

You need to explain what you mean by acting weird.

Your next move should be to do a 50% water change and see if you notice an improvement in your fish.

Your next would be to order an API liquid test kit for freshwater as recommended. When it arrives you need to test firstly your aquarium water for ammonia nitrite and nitrate then test your tap water.

While you wait for the test kit to arrive (unless you can buy one immediately) you should do 50% water changes every day.

Ph is the least if your worries if you haven't cycled your tank but we can help you. Feel free to ask questions.

It's strange to me that no one has yet stated that swordtails need at least a 30 gallon tank.... They get WAY too big and are way too active for a 10 gallon.
OP we need to know your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels. Do you know how to cycle a tank? If so, can you explain how you did it?
These things will help us figure out your fish's strange behavior.
I agree that a 50% water change should be the first thing you do whenever you notice something is unusual.
I also agree that if your tank is not cycled, pH is the least of your worries.

Back
Top Bottom