Fish advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have a 29 gal planted aquarium with a fair amount of those pesky snails in it. I was thinking about getting a fish that would eat the snails but also eat pellets or algae tablets. If you know of any fish like this plz reaply. I would like the fish to grow a max size of 3-4 in or less thanks.

So i have a 29 gal planted aquarium with a fair amount of those pesky snails in it. I was thinking about getting a fish that would eat the snails but also eat pellets or algae tablets. If you know of any fish like this plz reaply. I would like the fish to grow a max size of 3-4 in or less thanks.

There are none. Your best bet is an assassin snail

What about. Loaches i know some get big but some stay small like the zebra loach. And what is this snail can post a pic how will it get rid of the snail problem

Ive managed to eliminate a snail infestation by limiting food so that nothing would touch the bottom. Whenever doing a water change grab the snails you can see or even suck the out with you syphon.

You can also place a cucumber slice over night on the bottom of the tank and in the morning you should have a small group on the cucumber then just lift them out with the cucumber and get rid of them!

I've thought of this but i think it be cool to have something that will do it and get them all plus it will be there when I add more plants which will bring more snails

I've thought of this but i think it be cool to have something that will do it and get them all plus it will be there when I add more plants which will bring more snails

Quarantine new plants for alittle and check for any eggs or larvae.

Thanks i will do so. If you think of any fish though let me know thanks.

Assassin snail, or yoyo loach but most loaches get big, if you got alot( a lot a lot ) of snails maybe a crawfish you could borrow. These crustaceans love to break apart snails but your plants would be in danger as soon as you run out of snails. Can't say about the loaches(never tried em) but the assassin wrks great got one in my community tank and keeps my snails in check. Crawfish are excellent at killing everything got two in my other tank but also have no plants and no more snails lol

Back
Top Bottom