fish and frog pellets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elle2

Aquarium Advice Freak
The lfs told me today that I could feed my fish frog pellets, particularly my kuhlis. I wanted to know what they were feeding theirs because they really seemed to be enjoying it. But the person I talked to said they didn't know but to give them frog pellets... which definitely wasn't what theirs were feasting on at the time.

Does this sound right? It didn't seem like the greatest place so I wanted to check here first.

I found some aquatic frog pellets at Petco the other day. They sink, so I try to distract the barbs with some flakes. My ADF loves blood worms! It's her favorite.

Elle - there are sinking pellets made specifically for bottom dwellers. I'd opt for them instead of the frog pellets. I don't think the frog pellets will hurt the fish, but the nutritional balance may be different. My cories love their Hikari sinking wafers.

Yes I have some sinking wafers.... I really wanted what ever they were feeding because the kuhlis were just loosing thier little minds eating it. They were pellets but definitely not the frog pellets they sold me. Probably just some other kind of bottom dwelling pellets. I might check out the hikari though because my pandas don't seem very happy lately. :( Maybe that will give them some perk.

Now that I have the pellets I guess I have to get the frog ;)

ROFL - frogs are cute - just make sure the lid on the tank is tightly closed - they JUMP ! LOL

Did you try any of the dehydrated blood worm pellets ? if you soak it it will sink - betcha the kuhli's will love ya for it :)

Back
Top Bottom