Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-22-2015, 12:18 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

One thought on the shrimp only.... a 110 filter on a 29 gallon tank is pretty heavy-duty. Ghost shrimp might have been sucked into the uptake tube--or gotten stuck there then eaten by the gourami. And yes, monthly water changes are not near often enough. Hope things settle down for your tank. You might want to move the lever on your filter to the right to reduce the water flow/intake to a less dramatic level, too.

Old 11-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thank you! We actually inherited this tank/filter from a family member who was no longer using it. I didn't realize the filter was so strong (although I'm glad it's an efficient one). I'll try turning it down later. Poor shrimp

Old 11-23-2015, 09:35 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
The store employees said all these fish and creatures were compatible as they were added. I have to do my own research though next time though
Rule #1 Ultimately the stores goal is to make a buck so unfortunately quite a few of them will feed you a load of 💩 to do so.

Research is imperative and your phone will be your best friend at the store. I use mine to google things I've never seen or compare prices on the spot to make a decision.

Out of curiosity what fish did you have in there?
Old 11-23-2015, 06:15 PM   #14

Good point about the store employees, or at least some of them.
The ones that didn't make it were....2 ghost shrimp, an African dwarf frog, a mickey mouse platy, a guppy, and a pink dalmation molly.
What we have in there now...2 mickey mouse platys, 2 black mollies, 2 snails, a gourami, and a guppy.

Definitely not adding more for a while...
Old 11-23-2015, 09:00 PM   #15

Hmm, I really don't see any real problems with the stock except for the pink dalmatian Molly, dalmatians should be black and white so if yours was pink, it was injected with dye and likely doomed anyway.
Old 11-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #16

I don't know how to add a photo, but the fish was definitely pinkish and named as pink....how sad that they're dyed! I Googled images and the black and white is nice without any changes!

Tags
fish, rim, shrimp

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com