Fish are so stupid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jratuszn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ack.

So I see some Kuhli loaches at meijer. They looked ok, and I never see them at the LFS, so I decide to take the risk and buy one. Quarantine forever to make sure there's no problems. Finally put him in the tank, and he immediatley zooms around the tank and jabs his head into a rock. Next day, dead. :x rrrrrrr. I can't think of a more gentle or less stressful way to move fish from the QT to the main tank that would be possible. Any ideas?

-J

try adding fish into a dark tank, they seem to be very calm when they go into the water. the ones i added with the lights on seem to be more jumpy.

jratuszn said:
and he immediatley zooms around the tank and jabs his head into a rock. Next day, dead. -J

8O

Its sad that the fish died...but..Thats just fricken hillarious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sometimes there are variations between the quarrantine tank and the main tank, in terms of pH and temp, or even ammonia and nitrites. The quarrantined fish needs to be very slowly acclimated to the main tank, just like if you brought them home from the store. Having said that, my dwarf gourami did almost the very same thing when I put him in my 55-gal, and wedged himself inbetween two rocks, and I took him for dead. I got him out and he swam off, and hale and hearty ever since, luckily. It is a stressful thing to be removed and put in a new environment, so I vote also for the dark tank.

Back
Top Bottom